A little history
This photo looks across at the yard. You can see our sign, which is the same one used today. Before being pulled down, there was once a workshop in the front yard. This area is now used for boat storage during the winter and dinghy storage during the summer.
Tradition is important at Kings Boatyard. That means, to us, knowledge, experience and good old fashioned customer service.
- laying up and winter storage for a wide range of boats up to 38′.
- mast storage.
- dinghy racks and storage area all year round.
- car parking all year round.
- general fitting out and painting service.
- all repair and maintanance work undertaken.
- re-sprays, gel coat repairs and polishing.
- sandblasting antifouling coatings.
- full rigging service.
- outboard servicing.
- all engine work undertaken.
- stainless steel and metal fabrication.
- restoration work to both wooden and fibreglass boats.
- handbuilt clinker dinghies from the same design started by Sam King.